Resp & Qualifications
CareFirst IT is working on the design and development of next-generation software, APIs and Advanced Analytics that would serve as building blocks to create new business capabilities and allow for quick and consistent application integration within and with external business partners. The Full Stack Developer - Senior will supervise a team of contingent workers who will spend 100% of their time on design development, and support of the reusable software in an agile environment using the CareFirst DevSecOps standards, guiding a vision for how reusable software should be designed and implemented for CareFirst customers/ partners.
Full Stack Developer Senior would own a set of assigned applications, including system requirements, design, full stack development, testing, deployment, support and operational aspects of software, in a hybrid on-premise/cloud environment. Software development teams at CareFirst strives for continuous learning and improvement, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Under the general supervision, the incumbents accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Software design, development, and support:
- Responsible for leading the design, development, testing, and support of software for responsive websites, mobile apps and integration with partners using Java, Spring Boot, REST APIs, Angular.js, and microservices-oriented architecture.
- Responsible for following DevSecOps methodology you build it, you run it; you break it, you fix it.
- Actively participate in the code review process.
- Oversee a team of Full Stack developers on and off-shore practices.
- Responsible for documenting standards and best practices, such as unit test integration.
- Preparing and producing releases of software components.
- Troubleshoot production issues across services and multiple levels of the application stack.
- Ensure design is scalable secure and reusable.
- Maintain consistency with established design patterns.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of software design.
Technical analysis, collaboration, and communication:
- Work with technical and business teams to analyze and elaborate on requirements and perform impact analysis.
- Document, communicate, and get consensus on application design.
- Plan and estimate work to be completed.
- Collaborate effectively with onsite/offshore teams.
- Identifies and implements improvements to assigned SDLC processes (e.g. Agile, DevSecOps).
- Elevates significant issues to the attention of Full Stack Developers Manager.
Training, Research & Development:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the dynamically changing mobile and web, app Integration APIs and database technologies landscape to continuously improve the software quality and keep up with the market demands.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Develop healthcare domain expertise specifically in payer space.
No supervisory responsibilities. Full Stack Developer-Senior would work closely with peers, oversee and mentor junior/new developers, and knowledge transfer with other developers.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider four years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of ev