Near Baltimore, MD
Created 1mo ago
We are looking for a special individual to join our project management team within Product Development. If you like leading up successful development teams and want to work at one of Baltimore's and Silicon Valley's most exciting software companies, now is your chance to create your own identity with our team!
At Contrast, the Agile Project Manager is like an accomplished conductor of an orchestra, where the orchestra is a cross-functional team including a product manager, product designer and multiple software engineers. Our Agile Project Manager does not pick up instruments, because his or her primary function is coordinating the team and the project work from start to finish.
A lot of the work mirrors what a traditional Agile/Scrum team would call a Scrum Master. Similarly to a Scrum Master, this person would work with one or more fairly independent and self-organized teams. They lead our agile ceremonies (planning, backlog grooming, close-out, daily standup sessions and retrospectives). They would also support capturing analytics for various stakeholders within Development, Customer Success and Product Management. They also have the support of a development manager who oversees the engineering efforts.
The project manager ensures our cross-function efforts are organized, planned and scoped in a controlled manner. They work with constituents in engineering to launch projects off to a good start with clearly stated goals and well-understood requirements (or an agreed-upon plan for the iterative development of requirements). They help teams navigate roadblocks. He or she is the hub of communications within the project team, as well as to all the project stakeholders: sponsor(s), the executive team, internal customers, other teams working on related projects, and any other interested parties.
We run multiple teams and parallel projects during our agile sprints. Anyone stepping into this role has to be ready to roll-up their sleeves and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Promote a culture of Agile/Scrum across the company by leading our core agile ceremonies practiced at Contrast.
- Manage streams of work leveraging agile processes by partner with product owners and cross-functional project teams to ensure on-time and on-budget in a quality fashion.
- Optimizing the performance of the cross-function team throughout the project
- Leading the team to various milestones and final deliverables of the project
- Do what they can to ensure satisfaction and delight of the audience; the end users, internal customers, stakeholders, and the project team itself.
- Coach individuals in Agile processes and tools.
- Track progress through backlog tracking, burn down metrics and velocity..
- Drive continual improvement and innovation in the platform and application development process.
- Be responsible as coordinator and fixer of all issues and ensure that the team can deliver with minimal blockers.
- 4+ years of experience as Scrum Master in a multi-project environment.
- Experience working within large scaled Agile environments (9+ teams), and Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Experience supporting all communication through tools such as Jira, Rally, Trello and/or Confluence.
- Experience implementing best Agile practices and standards, and mentoring/teaching junior practitioners
- The capability of communicating effectively inside and outside the team;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Scrum Master certification (e.g. CSM, PSM, and SSM)
At Contrast, our goal is the make the Internet safer day by day. We are always interested in meeting talented and creative technologists who share this goal. We’ve built some amazing technology thus far and are shaking up the way the world looks at application security. We know that our products can get better with new voices and ideas.
Are you looking to make a difference? Are you a problem solver, but want to be challenged with complex and interesting problems. Do you believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges? Do you long to be an early contributor to a product and a company culture? Do you ever wish you were there in the early days of these startups everyone is talking about? Here's a little about what we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Daily team lunches
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Choice of a MacBook Pro or Microsoft Surface Pro