Near Richmond, VA
Created 2mo ago
CoStar’s Senior Full-Stack Software Developers are responsible for architecting and building applications and platforms that operate on terabytes of data and scale to support millions of users.
Software Engineers design, develop and maintain code. Software Engineers play a lead role in the development and architecture of our software. Participate in release planning, standups and code reviews. Evaluate requirements and help to determine the best technology to be used. Development takes place in an Agile team environment.
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good developer from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Architect: Use your experience to drive the design of highly performant and highly available products and platforms.
- Build: Build solutions that operate on massive amounts of data in high transaction volume applications.
- Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality. (Our customers are not beta testers.)
- Launch: Act as a key member of the product launch team and work closely to DevOps to resolve operational issues.
- Grow: Take an active role in mentoring other developers.
Are you up for the challenge?Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products and/or platforms that leverage terabytes of data and scale to meet the needs of millions of users
- 5+ years of deep (really deep) .NET development (C#) development experience including cross platform communication technologies such as Web API or WCF
- 5+ years of database design, T-SQL programming and performance tuning experience
- Ability to design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability
- Deliver work products that meet specifications, are defect free and performant
- Experienced in application performance testing and unit testing strategies and implementation
- Facilitate discussions among other developers to exchange ideas and introduce new technologies. Ability to build consensus among other technologist.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar’s technology platform and development practices.
- Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers