Sr. Software Engineer
- API/REST development experience.
- Understands Agile methodology.
- Configuration management skills.
- Continuous integration and deployment knowledge is a plus.
- Mobile development skills a plus.
- Responsive and/or adaptive design knowledge a plus.
- UI/UX principles desired a plus.
- Active participation in the technical community preferred.
- .MVC/pattern proficiency a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening and feedback skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and consensus-building skills.
- Excellent verbal, telephone, and written communication skills.
- Must have extensive knowledge and capability in software design and development principles.
- Strong knowledge of team-oriented and collaborative working environments.
- Must have demonstrated ability and extensive knowledge in relational database design.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities:
- Write application and database code based on business requirements or user stories, architecture requirements, and established coding standards.
- Validate code against business and architectural requirements.
- Create and test prototypes.
- Perform application unit testing.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Troubleshoot applications and resolve defects.
- Participate in the review of business epics and stories.
- Work within an agile framework.
- Prioritize and execute tasks.
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Update and maintain product documentation.
- Escalate issues and impediments in a timely manner.
- Work within established framework and processes.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members at all levels of the organization.
- Participate/Lead Development COPs.
- Design, build, and test applications and database solutions.
- Assist the release engineer with implementation plans.
- Provide on call support as needed.
- Utilize skills in data analysis, data verification, and problem solving.
- Provide accurate breakdown tasks and estimates for coding and development unit testing efforts.
- Assist with technical interviews and talent recruitment.
- Lead Software Engineering COPs and research committees.
- Prepare and conduct technical specification reviews.
- Provide Technical Training to team.
- Introduce new approaches to software development.
- Assist to define and implement coding and technology standards.
- Lead research and prototyping of new or challenging technologies.
- Participate in corporate efforts, activities, and events.
- Enforce best practices within team.
- Other duties as directed.
This position requires a four-year degree in Computer Science or related field and at least four years of professional IT experience or six years of professional IT experience.
For information on UNOS, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at https://unos.org/careers/ .
UNOS provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It will not unlawfully discriminate or permit harassment against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, familial or marital status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristics or classification protected under applicable law (“protected categories”). This policy applies not only to hiring, but also to working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, training, appointments for advancement, transfers, layoffs, recalls, terminations of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
UNOS is also an affirmative action employer. It takes affirmative action to recruit and provide opportunities for advancement to qualified females and minorities, individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans and other protected veterans. It hires and promotes based on job-related requirements and individual qualifications. Action is taken to ensure the fulfillment of this policy as to all phases of the employment process including hiring, placement, training, upgrading, transfers and/or demotions, recruiting, layoffs and termination of employment.
UNOS invites individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to identify themselves, if they wish to do so. Such communication will be kept as confidential as possible and will be used only in accordance with the law. Candidates may contact the EEO/AA Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to self-identify or request an accommodation.
EEO is the Law | EEO is the Law Supplement | E-Verify Participation English/Spanish | Right to Work | Right to Work Spanish | Pay Transparency
Agency Statement: No Agencies Please.