The United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) coordinates the nation’s organ transplant system, providing vital services to meet the needs of men, women and children awaiting lifesaving organ transplants. Based in Richmond, Va., UNOS is a private, nonprofit membership organization.
UNOS members encompass every transplant hospital, tissue matching laboratory and organ procurement organization in the United States, as well as voluntary health and professional societies, ethicists, transplant patients and organ donor advocates.
About the Position:
Internal Grade: D_P2_3
Perform all tasks appropriate to role, including technical analysis, database design, prototyping, coding and unit testing of applications with high quality deliverables. Assist with application architecture design. Responsible for writing technical documentation as necessary by the UNOS Development Methodology and Standards. Responsible for the security, quality, and performance of developed applications. Apply and acquire business and product knowledge in the performance of assigned projects. Provide direct input into the on-going improvement of standards and processes. Incorporate innovative ideas and approaches to the software development team
· Write application and database codes based on business requirements or user stories, architectural requirements, and established coding standards.
· Participate in the review of business epics and stories.
· Validate code against business and architectural requirements.
· Create and test prototypes.
· Perform application unit testing.
· Participate in peer code reviews.
· Troubleshoot applications and resolve defects.
· Work within an agile framework.
· Prioritize and execute tasks.
· Communicate ideas in both technical and user friendly language.
· Update and maintain product documentation.
· Escalate issues and impediments in a timely manner.
· Work within established framework and processes.
· Provide constructive feedback to team members at all levels of the organization.
· Participate/Lead Development COPs.
· Participate in SE COPs, research committees, and subcommittees.
· Participate in test and code reviews.
· Design, build, and test applications and database solutions.
· Assist the release engineer with implementation plans.
· Provide on call support as needed.
· Utilize skills in data analysis, data verification, and problem solving.
· Provide accurate breakdown tasks and estimates for coding and development unit testing efforts.
· Mentor team members.
· Assist with technical interviews and talent recruitment.
· Hold team accountable for UNOS agile framework.
· Other duties as directed.
· Must have a demonstrated proficiency in an object oriented programming language.
· Must have a demonstrated knowledge of software design and development principles
· Strong knowledge of team-oriented and collaborative working environments.
· Proven ability in relational database design and development principles.
· Understanding of Agile methodology principles preferred.
· Software configuration management skills desired.
· Continuous integration and deployment knowledge is a plus.
· Angular development skills preferred.
· RESTful API development experience preferred.
· Responsive and/or adaptive design knowledge a plus.
· UI/UX principles desired.
· Active participation in the technical community desired.
· Microsoft MVC/pattern proficiency a plus.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Excellent listening and feedback skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal and consensus-building skills.
· Excellent verbal, telephone, and written communication skills.
This position requires a four year degree in Computer Science or related field and at least one year of professional IT experience or three years of professional IT experience.
General office demands
For information on UNOS, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at https://unos.org/careers/ .
UNOS provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It will not unlawfully discriminate or permit harassment against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, familial or marital status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristics or classification protected under applicable law (“protected categories”). This policy applies not only to hiring, but also to working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, training, appointments for advancement, transfers, layoffs, recalls, terminations of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
UNOS is also an affirmative action employer. It takes affirmative action to recruit and provide opportunities for advancement to qualified females and minorities, individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans and other protected veterans. It hires and promotes based on job-related requirements and individual qualifications. Action is taken to ensure the fulfillment of this policy as to all phases of the employment process including hiring, placement, training, upgrading, transfers and/or demotions, recruiting, layoffs and termination of employment.
UNOS invites individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to identify themselves, if they wish to do so. Such communication will be kept as confidential as possible and will be used only in accordance with the law. Candidates may contact the EEO/AA Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to self-identify or request an accommodation.