Near Alpharetta, GA
Created 1mo ago
Join one of the most recognized brands in financial security, located in Alpharetta GA. This is a 4 month contract to hire opportunity. You will contract with Tier4Group during your contract period and, pending job performance, transition to a permanent role with our client. Client name will be given during initial screen.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of software development services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Work closely with development and operations teams to build highly available, cost effective systems with extremely high uptime metrics. Work with teams across organization and ensures core services reliability and keep an eye on capacity and performance.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health in a 24x7 environment.
- Participate in 24x7X365 an on-call support for multiple core platforms globally. Using a “Follow the Sun” model, we expect working patterns will include on call duty, weekend and holiday season cover.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems. Influence and create new designs, architecture, standards, and methods for large-scale systems.
- Binding and orchestrating the system infrastructure with the application layer to enable High Availability/Clustering load balancing and integration
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems
- Responsible for establishing end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical aspects to ensure SLOs, SLIs, and SLAs and get proactive notifications of possible issues for all systems
- Develop automated solutions to address potential problems before they result in a service interruption and demonstrate a passion for automation, including CI/CD automation
- Establish performance baseline, capacity thresholds, correlate events, and define monitoring/alerting criteria.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience. Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
Overall 6+ years of experience in one or more of the following –
- Experience in building JavaEE applications using, build tools like Maven/ANT, Subversion, JIRA Jenkins, Bitbucket and Chef; Experience in continuous integration tools (Jenkins, SonarQube, JIRA, Nexus, Confluence, GIT-BitBucket, Maven, Gradle, RunDeck, is a plus)
- Automation using Chef, Puppet or another SCM tool; Docker and container scheduler services such as ECS or Kubernetes is desirable; You've worked with Nginx, Tomcat, HAProxy, Redis, Elastic Search, MongoDB, and RabbitMQ, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Experience as SCM/release engineer, or in a position with similar skill sets and responsibilities (Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, Systems Administrator)
- Experience in performing source code control management Subversion/GIT including branching, merging, tagging, etc.; Experience in configuring and administering JavaEE application servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, etc.)
- Experience in with scripting language such as Unix Shells, Python, Perl, Shell, bash, ksh)
- Experience in configuring, building, and supporting apps and operations in a public cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP); Experience with Monitoring and Logging tools (Elastic Search, ELK, AppDynamics, Splunk, etc.)
- Collaborate well with team members, developers, QA, and ownership teams to resolve issues
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodologies and principles
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including business leaders
- A real passion for and the ability to learn new technologies