T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Administrators, Database Oracle located in Atlanta, GA will be involved with the configuration, administration, monitoring, security management, performance tuning, backup/restore, and troubleshooting of Oracle databases in a highly dynamic environment.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide advanced technical expertise in installation, configuration, and administration of Oracle databases in clustered environment on IBM-AIX, HP-UX, and Sun Solaris platforms.
- Provide hands-on administration of Real Application Cluster (RAC), Backup and Recovery, Oracle Dataguard, Golden Gate, OEM, and other advance database features and tools.
- Perform data administration using database commands and utilities including exp/imp, expdp/impdp, SQL Loader and ensure data security by using masking, redaction, TDE and similar tools and techniques.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for database performance tuning and SQL tuning to deliver sub-seconds response time.
- Apply hands-on expertise and advanced skills while supporting mission critical databases with the goal of resolution time and restoration of services under 90 minutes and identifying the root cause.
- Review code with emphasis on logical and physical data modeling and ensuring deployment in production and non-production environments is done with minimum defect density.
- (1) Installing, configuring, upgrading, monitoring, capacity planning, supporting, and automating Oracle databases in RAC environment with a high volume of transactions per day in IBM-AIX, HP-UX, and Sun Solaris platforms while ensuring that databases are SOX, PCI, and PCNI compliant.
- (2) Designing, deploying, administering, and supporting RAC, Backup, and Recovery using RMAN, SRDF, Clone, Snaps and BCVs, Dataguard database and OS tools and leverage for DC migration, Golden Gate for Active-Active setup and Big Data replication, and OEM and its reporting to ensure ongoing availability of mission critical applications.
- (3) Conducting bulk data migration using database utilities including exp/imp, expdp/impdp, SQL loader, transportable table space, and OS based tools including SRDF to minimize outage for data migration while ensuring data security by applying advance TDE, masking, and redaction features.
- (4) Conducting performance tuning on OLTP (On-line Transaction Processing) databases larger than 30TB to deliver sub-second response time while applying OS tuning, SQL profiles, and baseline and optimizing Access Paths and Joins tools and techniques.
- (5) Performing logical and physical data modeling for code review and code deployment in production and non-production environment with minimum defect density.
Experience and education requirements:
PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related, and 3 years of relevant work experience.
ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related, and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
- This position is eligible for the employee referral program.
How to apply:
- Visit www.tmobile.jobs.
- Create a candidate profile, and apply to requisition number 132692BR.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEOE Statement
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.