Our large automotive client in Detroit, MI is seeking energetic and passionate individuals to join their team as Sr. Linux Systems Engineer / Infrastructure Architect. Does this sound like something you would be interested in? Then apply today!
· Our Client is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Engineer to support their high-performance computing and machine learning ecosystem.
· Spanning multiple new data centers and built with the latest CPU, GPU, network, storage and middleware technology, HPC and ML infrastructure service provides capability for users globally.
· This position will support the engineering and operation of our ecosystem.
· Engineer and deploy new hardware and software technologies that support the HPC and ML services (systems, accelerators, networking, storage, etc.)
· Integrate related middleware components including container orchestration technologies.
· Provide support to the operations team for escalated issue resolution.
· 5+ years of experience as a Linux Administrator / Engineer (RHEL preferred).
· 2+ years of experience scripting from scratch (Python and bash preferred).
· Ability to self-start, multitask and communicate effectively
· Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking. Troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
· Exposure to Kerberos and LDAP. Experience in an HPC environment.
· Experience with GPUs as a compute accelerator. Experience with containers (e.g. Docker) and orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
· Exposure to automation tools such as Chef.
· Experience with administering large, high-speed filesystems (GPFS, Lustre, etc.).
· Knowledge of bash, Python, and/or Perl, and willing to learn the ones you dont know. This position is for an on-site resource that will frequently interact with other engineering, operations and development teams. This is a long-term engagement.
Bachelors degree in a related field preferred.