Global Reach Consulting LLC
Near Reston, VA
Created Aug 20, 2019
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to support development of secure communication devices. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining firmware and software for cellular based communications devices. Also you will need to be willing to troubleshoot, and problem solve to overcome reported problems with fielded devices, modifying existing software to correct error, add functionality, or improve performance.
What you’ll do…
- You’ll contribute to the design and development of cutting edge web user interfaces and data visualizations.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You have 5+ years of experience in web-based user-interface design and development.
- Have experience building large-scale, reactive web UI frontends:
- UI design using HTML5, CSS, etc.
- Finding and integrating custom components in a chosen framework as well as building one from scratch when needed.
- Defining API needs for the client.
- Troubleshooting web applications
- Using debug tools such as chrome developer tools
- Finding fixing bugs, cross browser issues, performance issues
- Use of message-bus architectures and message queue implementations in a web UI. ( http2, websockets, wamp, websockets, server sent events, stomp)
- You are comfortable working with:
- Linux and MacOS operating systems
- A ticket system such as Jira
- A team documentation system such as Confluence
- Source control (git), collaboration tools.
- You are able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
It would be even better if you…
- Have an interest and/or experience in data visualization
- Have experience using the D3 visualization framework
- Have experience working with Open Street Maps (Raster/Vector Tile Servers)
- Have experience working with client side mapping frameworks (Leaflet, mapbox, etc)
- Have experience working with WebGL, Canvas or SVG
- Have experience with container (e.g. Docker) build and deployment
- Can List examples of open-source work (e.g. github accounts)
- Have experience developing for mobile platforms (native or web-based applications)
- Demonstrate strong communication skills