Linux Systems Administrator ~ On Site ~ US Work Authorization Required Lutherville, MD Salaried | Full Time SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a LINUX Systems Administrator. This is an onsite position in Lutherville, MD.
U.S. Work Authorization is a requirement of this position.
The LINUX System Administrator will work as part of a support team and is responsible for the operation, maintenance and support of high availability server/database/SAN platforms located both locally and in remote Data Centers. Working as part of a DevOps development team will support AGILE product rollouts in a timely manner meeting SCRUM targets. Will work to enhance and automate processes by introducing new tools, efficiencies, and innovations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Supports daily operations including monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, capacity management, provisioning, hardware and software configuration, patching, upgrades and performance monitoring/tuning
• Experience with Datacenter Migrations, Server upgrades, O/S and firmware patching
• Expert troubleshooting and diagnostic skills and providing support to Operations personnel
• Design, promote, and support microservices
• Increase deployment reliability and frequency while reducing frictions
• Develop and manage the build and versioning of code releases
• Implement deployment processes that entails packaging releases, pushing releases and executing installs.
• Manage a VMware infrastructure in a production environment.
• Using network and system monitoring software, maintain SLA’s and recommend proactive upgrades and/or maintenance activities
• Demonstrated ability with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Perl, or Python
• Administrative experience with Cloud server environments such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and/or Openstack
• Experienced in Agile software development practices and tools, such as Atlassian JIRA
• Experience with version control systems, such as Subversion and Git
• Experience with provisioning configuration management, and containerization solutions such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Mesos or similar technologies
• Demonstrated experience with common data stores, both relational and NoSQL
• Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting a highly available platform
• Deep knowledge of software deployment, versioning and release management processes
• Experience working with and supporting software development and production server environment.
• Redhat/CentOS expertise, Network Security, Network Protocols, Network Design and Implementation, Network Hardware Configuration, Kubernetes/Docker implementation and management, AGILE Processes, functional and technical Skills, Hardware Engineering Fundamentals, Thoroughness, Information Security Policies
• Red Hat RHCSA, Red Hat RHSE
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Minimum five (3) years of direct, paid, full-time network administration experience and/or server administration.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
Pre-employment background/credit check and drug screen required.
This position is on site and must have U.S. Work Authorization.
Our Home Office in Lutherville, MD is located just outside the Baltimore Beltway (695) and houses robust teams in accounting, human resources, technology, marketing, nutrition and purchasing. These departments support a market of 275+ venues and more than 3,400 field staff. SAGE is a privately-owned company whose culinary talent, integrity, and transparency has fueled sustained organic growth.
An Equal Opportunity Employer