We are going places and want you to join us on the adventure. Not many people can go to work everyday and say they help save lives but we do at SHE Software. We are a SaaS company within the EHS market with teams in the UK, US and NZ. Assure, our highly configurable health and safety management software solution, is at the heart of our success.
We need hardworking talented experienced technical architects and software engineers with AWS experience to help accelerate our growing EHS product offering. This is an excellent opportunity to join top-shelf technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
As a Senior Software Engineer with experience working with platform services, you will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in our emerging B2B SaaS products. You will work with our customers to help transform their business needs into a state-of-the-art EHS cloud solution to enable their organizations to achieve their desired outcomes. This critical role will be primarily technical but will also allow you to show your business acumen. You will have opportunities to assist SHE in developing new solutions to add to our existing portfolio of cloud offerings.
- Works closely with business to architect, design and deliver the technical solutions with focus on meeting business requirements and broader technical aspects such as product costs, data privacy & sovereignty, business continuity management, adoption and integrations/relationships with other solutions.
- Instrumental in identification, definition and implementation of reusable components and standards. Responsible for adherence to these standards and consumption of reusable components across products.
- Ability to work in a team environment with positive contributions from all participants, including Solution and Technical Architects, engineering teams, product managers, product analysts, test teams, Information Security and Operations.
- Cultivates and builds relationships across business, IT and offering insights into the wider enterprise picture and enable the leveraging of emerging industry technologies.
- Acts as key enabler for organization's digital transformation supporting our product based organization.
- Converts business and technical requirements into technical solutions.
- Working in a fast-paced, growing B2B SaaS organization implementing next-gen IT solutions, contributing your expertise in cloud computing, IT automation, and application modernization.
You are a software engineer who has hands-on experience with building cloud applications.
You like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical initiatives at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption.
You do not fear leveraging new technologies to solving engineering challenges.
You are enjoy working on top-shelf engineering teams in a Lean Agile Product development environment.
- Minimum of 3+ years in a software engineering or technical architect role using services and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms
- Hands-on experience leading migrations to public clouds.
- Broad subject matter expertise across cloud computing, infrastructure, IT operations, applications, enterprise architecture, data management, and cloud governance models.
- Demonstrated success designing and developing applications on cloud platforms
- Designing and building application using containers and serverless technologies
- In depth understanding of security controls and implementations in the cloud.
- Experience using Infrastructure technologies to run modern applications such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Serverless.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Experience with Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be required to fulfil the role and meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
- Hands-on experience architecting and developing SaaS applications to leverage PaaS.
- Awareness and hands on experience consuming platform services from the big vendors (AWS/Azure/etc)
- 3-5 years' experience building applications in cloud platforms
- Ability to work on highly collaborative teams on high-energy B2B SaaS product teams
- Strong communication at all levels, i.e. from CEO to stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Analytical thinker
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Holds multiple certifications in Azure or AWS
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Migrating monolithic applications to micro services architectures
- Experience with message bus/queue, distributed systems/microservices patterns (Saga, Strangler, Gateway, Health Check, Service Discovery etc.)
- Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
The successful candidate will be a collaborative problem solver that enjoys challenges
At SHE Software, we boldly reach for the stars. Bar raisers, innovators, transformers and trail-blazers; that’s us. Our ambitious journey is made possible because we hire and retain the best. Passionate people working together as one talented team makes us an extraordinary company.
And behind our continued success lies a set of values that guide and inspire us. They give us freedom from piles of policy and politics. They’re our compass, our north star, a common direction.
We are a leading authority on health & safety management software solutions with more than 20 years of experience. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Scotland, the company's safety trained team is located across the UK, US and New Zealand. Assure, our highly configurable health and safety management software solution, as at the heart of our success. It's trusted by more than 850 organizations and used by more than half a million users around the world. Working across diverse sectors and industries including manufacturing, construction, energy, and utilities, we're changing the way companies manage health & safety.