Are you passionate about data? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to build big-data solutions that process billions of records a day in a scalable fashion using AWS technologies? Do you want to create the next-generation tools for intuitive data access? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solution and services we build enables Amazon’s new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
As a Data Engineer, you should be an expert with data warehousing technical components (e.g. Data Modeling, ETL and Reporting), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. You should have deep understanding of the architecture for enterprise level data warehouse solutions using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud). You should be an expert in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. The candidate is expected to be able to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL and reporting solutions. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to implement solutions using them to provide new functionality to the users or to scale the existing platform. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the person will work very closely with diverse teams. Having strong analytical skills is a plus. Above all, you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be part of a team of engineers to create world's largest financial data warehouses and BI tools for Amazon's expanding global footprint.
· Design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets.
· Interface with tax, finance and accounting customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
· Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Tune application and query performance using profiling tools and SQL.
· Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
· Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using AWS.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
· Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· 5+ years of work experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture.
· 3+ years experience using big data technologies (Parquet, Spark, Hadoop, Presto, EMR, etc.)
· Excellent knowledge of SQL
· Experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, or Python
· Excellent understanding of software development life cycle and/or agile development environment with emphasis on BI practices.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· Experience with AWS Technologies (EMR / S3 / Glue / Spectrum / etc.)
· Experience with Object Oriented designing
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance priorities.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...