Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech is seeking a Software Development Engineer to be a part of Amazon's FinTech Payments team. FinTech Payments owns the technical platform responsible for billions of dollars of payments each month to Amazon vendors across the globe. We build and ultiize services and applications using AWS and other cutting edge technologies while providing full visibility into the transactions using static and machine learning models. We partner with financial institutions and other Amazon teams to leverage the best in class features that the banks and finance technology companies have to offer. We delight our vendors by paying them when they want and how they want. If you are passionate about moving real money, paying people on time, innovating payments, using the latest and greatest technologies to help scale a system with 100% up-time, we have the opportunity for you!
In this role you will:
· Deliver a Best-in-Class customer experience by continuously improving platform, code and services that enable supplier payments
· Build software to enable Global/World wide Vendor Payments
· Build services/integration for Financial Applications
· Design and Develop Best integration patterns for our system. Leverage and integrate with different tools, technologies and products with in Amazon to reduce payments operational cost and enhance customer experience
· Partner directly with other Software Development Engineers (SDEs), Technical Program Managers, Functional Analysts and Customers to understand features and continuously identify opportunities to build and deploy software solutions
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· Bachelors (BS/BE) or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 8+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
· Practical knowledge of data structures and complex algorithms with equivalent development skills to match
· Proficiency in Java or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and service oriented architecture
· Deep problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
· Ability to design for performance, scalability, and availability
· Demonstrated experience in SQL and data modeling skills
· Proficiency with at least one of Perl/Python/Ruby/Shell Script languages
· Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers;
· Experience developing on Unix/Linux;
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices;
· Strong focus on clean code and robust design.
· Machine learning experience
· Dynamo db experience
· Practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals;
· Strong analytical skills.
· Distributed system design and development experience with demonstrable scale.
· Strong SQL and NO-SQL database skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...