About the role
Amazon is known for consistently raising the bar on operational excellence. The Finance Technology (FinTech) team is building global enterprise applications for Amazon’s leaders to prioritize strategic projects and ensure that they are staffed to execute on big wins while sustaining existing initiatives. We’re looking for a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer to lead design for a suite of applications that help Amazon’s business leaders seamlessly transform their visions into annual operational plans, secure headcount, and close the loop from resource execution back to strategic vision. The role presents an opportunity to engage with executives, learn how Amazon’s organizations strategically fund initiatives, and design solutions for a unique customer base that includes people managers, senior executives, business operations managers, and financial analysts.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
· Owning development of UX strategy for new products and integration of existing ones in collaboration with senior product managers
· Creating comprehensive user workflows and layouts that support and reinforce business objectives
· Advocating for designs to AWS project sponsors
· Creating and evaluating designs with a diverse range of customers, including people managers, senior executives, business operations, and financial analysts
· Creating solutions that can be adopted globally, and flexible to all Amazon organizations
· Designing an ecosystem where the user experience is seamless across multiple applications
About the team
FinTech UX is a growing, centralized design team. We have a customer-centric design process focused on understanding our customers, generating great ideas, validating those ideas with customers, working with engineering to implement, then listening to customers and iterating. You’ll have the opportunity to directly interact with and validate your designs with real customers. You’ll also work closely with other designs on our team to critique each other’s designs and push each other to learn and grow our skills.
Working with the centralized FinTech design team will provide opportunities to:
· Work with other designers Advocate for a human-centered design approach to several teams
· Mentor and receive mentoring
· Influence new design patterns and systems
· Own end to end designs
· Participate in projects that are in full execution mode Grow your career
· 6+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides)
· Minimum 5-7 years industry experience providing interaction design solutions for web and/or software applications.
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience as an interactive/user experience designer.
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
· Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices.
· Ability to define patterns and advocate for consistency, without repressing inspiration or inhibiting innovation.
· Proficiency in a variety of standard design tools such as Sketch and InVision.
· Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Experience driving user research/usability tests and interpreting usability test data.
· Experience with agile/scrum.
· Familiarity with the technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems.
· Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams.
· An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
· Experience and/or familiarity with financial and accounting systems and concepts.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...