Job Title: Paid Search Expert Job ID:
Assignment Length: 6 months with possibility for extension
Project City and State: Cincinnati, Ohio
Are you a Paid Search Expert with strong communication skills, attention to detail, and expert Excel, Team Space and SharePoint skills?
Check out this job!
Vertex is a US-based tech company with 15 years’ experience in Microsoft, Salesforce, BI, AI, and Cloud Computing. We have earned longstanding client relationships as trusted, long-term partners. Every day we inspire, innovate, and implement solutions that solve complex business problems using creativity and technologies that drive results.
What you can expect?
· Professional recruiters with vast industry knowledge
· Expert credentialing
· No-hassle onboarding
What’s in it for you?
· An assignment that uses your skills
· Opportunities to advance your career
· Competitive compensation
· Great work environment
Qualifications (Critical Skills)
· Very strong communication skills are required and are critical for all parts of this role. This is a client facing role - communication with customers will be required.
· Extreme attention to detail is mandatory. There are constant moving parts associated with paid search - budget changes, SKU changes, strategy changes. Missing a detail can result in significant over-spend or promoting products that are not aligned with the brand’s strategy.
· Expert level Excel, Team Space and SharePoint skills are required.
· Comfortable navigating multiple dashboards, retailer websites, team spaces and SharePoint folders to monitor and manage paid search campaigns.
· Strong interest in continuously monitoring paid search results across multiple retailers.
· Interest in working in the eRetail Paid Search Space.
What you’ll be doing
A Paid Search Technologist is responsible for managing eRetail Paid Search campaigns and ensuring they are efficiently delivering on specified KPIs. This includes regularly monitoring campaign performance metrics and budgets and making optimizations as needed. Communication is a key aspect of this role as the Paid Search Technologist will be communicating with the internal customers, retailer platforms and team Data Scientists. This role requires a high level of comfort navigating a wide variety of retailer websites, paid search platforms as well as Microsoft team spaces and SharePoint folders. The Paid Search Technologist is expected to have a firm grasp on their brands online presence especially in the search results space across all relevant retailers.
Communication with the brands/categories and paid search platforms/retailers is an important part of this role. The following communication topics will be a regular part of this role:
· Progress on campaign performance and strategy execution - is it working? Are changes needed?
· Working with brands to recommend SKU changes or other strategy changes as needed.
· Communicating desired keywords to paid search platforms.
· Communicating campaign performance or challenges to Data Scientist team members.
· Handling Keyword Support.
Handling Keyword Support
· Monitor retailer sites and webscraping data to ensure keywords are serving sponsored spots as expected.
· If sponsored spots are not showing as expected, work with platform/retailer to resolve.
· Add desired keywords (as defined by brand strategy) to campaigns were applicable.
· If keywords are serving sponsored spots but your brand is not winning, work with platform/retailer and Data Scientists to resolve.
· Align with brands on intended spend. The brands generally have a budget in mind that they can share.
· Align with retailers on received/accepted IOs (should be shared via SharePoint folders).
· If expected IOs are missing, work back with brand, agency, and retailer to resolve.
· Ensure that platforms are executing IO as expected - i.e. correct dollar amount and time frame are in the dashboard.
· Ensure we are spending against the IO as intended.
· Align with brand on their desire to pace out evenly or over-spend - unless the brand explicitly states a desire to overspend in writing, we will always adhere to autopacing based on the IO terms.
· If campaign is underspending determine cause and inform brand of potential underspend well before IO end date.
· If campaign capping out daily, inform brand and see if they want to determine what sufficiency looks like.
· Confirm budgets are accurate for your campaigns in budget pacing report.
Share of Voice (SOV) tracking
· Align with brand on target SOV.
· Ensure campaigns are delivering on SOV goal.
· If winning goal
· How much does is cost? If above ROAS guidance, communicate with brand to determine how to proceed.
· Can you win it more efficiently?
· If not winning goal
· Ensure appropriate keywords tied to campaigns/UPCs.
· Determine if it is a CPC issue - is there room to bid more from a ROAS standpoint.
· Carry out monthly confirmation of spend by brand by platform in conjunction with agencies.
Campaign Meta Data Updates
· For reporting infrastructure to ingest campaign information, every campaign must have meta data associated with the campaign. Always ensure all of your campaigns have updated meta data .
· Regularly monitor UPC performance to identify poorly performing SKUs and work back with customer to remove or replace.
· Ensure that strong SKUs are winning and identify similar SKUs to add to campaigns.
· Understanding platforms is important for executing campaigns. All campaigns have subtleties that can have a big impact on how we execute on that platform.
· Develop a moderately understanding of how the platforms work and how they are different from one to another.
· Paid search experience would be beneficial but is not required.
· Experience with a paid search platform (Criteo, Promote IQ).
· Power BI.
· Familiarity with the online shopping space (Target.com, Walmart.com, etc.); last mile grocery delivery (Instacart.com, Shipt.com, etc.).
· Basic Python (or other programming) skills could be useful but are not needed for this role - there are no programming tasks associated with this role.
· A basic understanding of algorithms is not needed but could be beneficial in understanding how bidding algorithms, etc. work.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...