MayStreet Inc. has immediate openings for Python developers in our New York City (Chelsea) office. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic problem-solvers with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
In this role, you will be part of a talented and open-minded software team that works on mission-critical applications within capital markets technology. You will have the opportunity to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – from suggesting the use of emerging technologies to designing, integrating, and upgrading complex architecture.
Who we are
MayStreet is a global software company servicing the world’s top capital markets trading companies. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. Historically it’s been nearly impossible for all but a select few firms to make use of much of this data. MayStreet solves this problem by managing collection, storage and API access to uniquely high-quality data sets.
Current strategic pursuits
We’re looking for outstanding Python developers to expand the features of our on-prem and cloud platform offerings. We are building a full end-to-end platform, and developers need to be versatile to ensure core responsibilities integrate with the full product, so some understanding of C++, operations, and integration with frontend is needed. You will be building stellar libraries to streamline functionality of our data platform, website analytics and market data insight. Ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience in:
• Develop – Write high-performance, reusable and reliable Python. Proficiency in profiling and debugging tools. Strong understanding of Object Oriented Principles, API/library design, python packaging, testing. Experience in using python libraries and frameworks across multiple domains including web technologies (flask/django), data analysis(pandas, numpy), cloud automation (boto).
• Problem solving – Understand how to build efficient solutions from ground up to solve challenging problems that affect a wide range of capital markets players
• Continuous Delivery – Work with low latency C++ developers, UI developers and Operations on on-prem solutions and cloud providers (mainly AWS, could expand to GCP/AZURE) to build state-of-the-art containerized solutions using Docker/Kubernetes
• Research – Explore and implement new tools and python libraries that improve code quality and provide better runtime efficiency
• Exchange specialist – Research exchange rules and formats for public market data and order entry systems to build efficient abstractions Other qualifications:
• Self-directed - demonstrated strong work ethic and a commitment to shipping products end to end in a fast changing environment
• Excellent communication skills - demonstrated experience of collaborating with adjacent business functions like sales, product development, other dev teams, and client support
MayStreet is an equal opportunity employer.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...