Apple is looking for an experienced and creative Cartographer to help us craft the future of Apple Maps. The Cartography team at Apple Maps focuses on understanding and ensuring an excellent user experience across geographies and cultures. We research and analyze the relationship between data and representational display to help make our map recognizable, intuitive, elegant and useful. In this role you will be given the opportunity to combine your cartographic and design sense with your spatial analytic skills to help improve the user experience for a mapping platform that reaches millions of people around the world. Every single day you will be working with world-class designers, mapping professionals, software developers, and data scientists to help solve complicated problems for our customers.
The Apple Maps Cartography Team is looking for a Cartographer with spatial analytic skills to join us in turning complex geographic data into information our customers can use to solve everyday problems. The Cartographer will analyze the map product for suitability, functionality, accuracy, and design. We are looking for someone who is equally comfortable diving into details and evaluating large datasets for display suitability and data quality. You will build consensus across competing business needs and objectives to help drive the success of complex, cross-functional projects. You will be required to present results concisely and with transparency in order to drive Cartographic initiatives. You should be able to dig through data problems to find the root cause of issues, as well as create high level designs that chart a course for the development of Apple Maps.
- Familiarity with modern cartographic styling methods and languages desired.
- Experience with at least one meaningful scripting or programming language and software development lifecycles a plus.
- Intermediate Python proficiency with experience utilizing relevant libraries (shapely, pandas, arcpy, etc) for data analysis, process automation, and spatial analysis is strongly desired.
- Understanding of HCI/UX/UI principles.
- A portfolio of work samples or research samples.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...