CIB - Asset Management Platform - Front End Engineer, Risk & Trade Management - Assoc/VP
About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
Who we are
The Asset Manager Platform organization within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB)'s Securities Services group is a newly formed business offering best-in-class digital solutions for our institutional client base across financial products and investment lifecycles. Our mission is to develop top-tier client-facing analytical services and enable our clients to achieve their business goals by extending J.P. Morgan's capabilities and expertise as the leader in financial services into the digital space.
The candidate will join Risk as a Service, a leading entrepreneurial team, as a Front End Software Engineer and be responsible for developing one of its new flagship client-facing products. The product delivers a best-in-class real time risk analytics and trade management via multiple delivery channels, including web and mobile.
This is a technical role, and the candidate would also be driving the design of our components, mentoring other members and actively contributing to the development of features. Experience is expected in analysis/design, Agile methodologies, application and SDK development, optimization and performance tuning - plus working with business analysts, UX, testers as well as internal and external clients. The working environment is competitive and demanding but one where creativity and problem solving skills are rewarded.
* Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries: finance and technology
* Be part of a new business initiative within JPM that will create a significant revenue stream for the firm and influence the commercialization and go-to-market strategy of the service
* Actively collaborate with other highly skilled engineers and work on a fresh, cutting-edge codebase.
* Influence decisions on market strategy, platform strategy, client engagement and implementing innovative technology-based solutions at the bank
* Interact with other high-performing teams within JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent working experience.
Following technical skills are important:
* ReactJS, HTML5 / CSS3, and related tooling and technologies
* Async programming; Promises; WebComponents; Redux; RxJS
* Git, GitLab/Bitbucket, or related version control systems; working in CI/CD environments
* Node (server side and tooling); Selenium; Jenkins; Jest
Additionally, understanding of/experience with following is highly beneficial:
* Data visualization (D3, HighCharts)
* Data Grids (AG Grid)
* Advanced React design patterns; data binding; web sockets. WASM
* ADA/Web Accessibility
Further, the candidate should possess:
* Proven track record of taking an idea from inception to delivery
* Practical "work smart" mind-set geared to effectively and efficiently solving problems
* Highly developed communication and partnership skills - attention to detail in written format and articulation in verbal format
* Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures
* Commercially-focused and entrepreneurial spirit
* Quick learner with strong attention to detail, strong work ethic
* User-centered approach with a strong appreciation for usability and overall client experience.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...