As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Engineering degree or equivalent experience
* This role is ideally targeting 15+ years of IT experience (can be a mix of programming, application support, systems engineering etc..)
* Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
* Good experience writing complex SQL's independent of technologies
* Experience in Informatica PowerCenter 9+ development/support
* Experience with Big Data tools and data analysis a plus including HBase, HDFS, Sqoop
* Experience in Unix shell scripting
* Batch automation (Autosys, Control-M) experience
* Well versed with SDLC using Agile methodology
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders
* Experience with log analysis and monitoring tools such as AppDynamics/Geneos/Splunk
* Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills on production issues
* Require basic understanding and willingness to learn on the job skills around reporting tool like Tableau
* Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Perform the L1/L2/L3 support activities in SRE mode for the Production Support project with analysis and design work, including impact of requirements across all system components
* Create unit test cases, perform unit testing, document test results and perform code reviews
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design and develop the efforts involved in self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...