API Management product engineers enable the vision to drive frictionless development, delivery and consumption of APIs across the firm for the developer in support of JPMC global technology vision for operational excellence, modern engineering practices, enabling speed and accelerated development for the business. We build, operate and support multiple API management plants in the firm that enable the firm wide API Strategy, and cater to the needs of multiple lines of business at a global scale.
As a Full Stack Developer you will be required to deliver automated self-service straight through workflow capabilities for the product via a firm standard user interface development, and by building it on API First approach to support the API Management product usage and leverage by developer community, operations teams, and management and project teams in alignment with firm technology strategy. You will bring in strong full stack application development and UI development skills to execute on building the self-service portal as an individual contributor and mentor junior team members. You will use test driven development, CI/CD toolchains and manage deliver of capabilities using agile frameworks - Scrum/Kanban.
Ability to communicate well at varied levels of audience - architects, developers, senior managers, in context of self-service, developer productivity when using the API Management product self-service portal and understanding how to evolve the UI capabilities to meet business needs as well as developer needs, will be very important for this role. You will collaborate closely with the product owners, customer enablement and engineering leads in this role. You will also need to identify API required to provide the straight through experiences and drive prioritization with respective cross functional areas so successfully deliver on improvement experiences.
The ideal candidate must be a forward thinker to anticipate the needs in API management service developer needs for self-service, operations, and management requirements and be able to articulate as well as code to deliver on the vision.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
* Developing front end website architecture taking existing enterprise standards, tooling, and processing into consideration
* Designing user interactions for web , and mobile channels
* Developing back end application services; Managing servers and databases for functionality.
* Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
* Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
* Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
* Designing and developing APIs.
* Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
* Drawing out the customer journeys and driving process improvements across cross functional teams.
* Mentoring junior developers on the team
* 5-7 Years of Full Stack Application and self-service UI Development experience
* Degree in Computer Science, or a proven portfolio of work in delivering highly functional, usable developer experience via self-service portal development.
* Strong organizational and project management skills.
* Proficiency with server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
* Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and Cassandra.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Good problem solving skills.
* Attention to detail.
* WEB APIs and RESTful APIs as well as micro services architectures.
* Experience on Linux based systems, with strong scripting ability (Bash, Python), Good Knowledge on scheduling tools and understanding of infrastructure orchestration tools
Additional Skills that will be a plus:
* Linux system administration skills
* Understanding of API Management platform infrastructure products such as Apigee, Kong, etc,
* API Testing - unit, functional, performance, capacity, and latency analysis.
* Performance testing frameworks and tools - Load runner, other
* AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk or ELK implementation experience (identifying KPIs to track, building dashboards, trending of data to improve performance or reliability)
* Docker / Kubernetes experience is a plus but not required (resourceful fast learners are welcome)
* Understanding of networking concepts - Subnets, load balancing (local and global), and firewalls.
* Altassian product suite - JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...