The Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) Interest Rate Risk technology team is looking for a Software Engineer with experience in developing enterprise platforms leveraging Python, Big Data and Business Intelligence technologies. As a Software Engineer you will be a key contributor on an agile and test driven development team, focused on building high quality, distributed and scalable software platforms and API's supporting Interest Rate Risk management functions, including the risk evaluation of trades and positions, orchestration of financial models & risk metrics, scenario simulations, financial forecasting, data science & analytics, business intelligence & reporting functions.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Feature development and delivery throughout the SDLC lifecycle, from business analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of software solutions
* Design and development of solutions to continuously enhance the firm's business processes, enhance controls and deliver new capabilities for managing interest rate risk
* Continuously learn from and partner with technology management & business users to identify opportunities to incrementally deliver business value thru Technology
* Contribute towards the evolution of software platforms with creative ideas and innovative technical solutions. Actively participate in the agile planning and delivery of software-based solution
* Partner with multiple technology teams to deliver integrated solutions leveraging best in class technologies
* Aggregating and managing the interest rate risk of the firm's four main lines of business (LOBs), primarily through the global investment securities portfolio. Managing the firm's funding and liabilities through long-term debt and other funding sources, and managing the short term cash deployment activities
* Aggregating and managing the firm's liquidity risk, including deploying the firm's excess liquidity. Also responsible for compliance with both internal and regulatory liquidity requirements. Aggregating and managing the firm's structural foreign exchange risk
* Risk managing Mortgage Servicing Rights on behalf of the Mortgage Bank. Managing the company-sponsored retirement plan
* Proficiency with experience in developing enterprise platforms leveraging Python, Big Data (e.g. Hadoop & Spark) and Business Intelligence (e.g., Tableau) technologies
* 3+ years of experience developing enterprise platforms in Python
* Strong Object Oriented Programming skills (in either Python, Scala or Java)
* Familiar with agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum)
* Experience with Test Driven Development
* Familiar with SDLC tools such as Jenkins, Git, JIRA, etc.
* Experience building scalable and flexible software frameworks, platforms and API's
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...