This role is within the Corporate Technology which is focused on building Data Platforms. The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Advancing firms road map programs for supporting Single sourcing of data, Architecture convergence and focus on Analytics.
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
The team is responsible for providing the data backbone to the CT organization storing all information and calculating aggregations and supporting reporting. The team leverages Java Open Source and Big Data technologies to provide data management tools, calculators and reporting engines. The team is looking for proactive and hands-on technologists who can solve critical business problems with innovative technology solutions and have responsibility to implement multiple core components of this architecture. JPMC is launching a multi-year initiative to invest in the industrialization of this process and seeking highly qualified candidates to drive this change.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Partner in driving a multi-year strategic initiative that delivers technical solutions which creates a data lake that would consume, model and store data. Additionally technical solutions will be required for managing the data (data management tools) and processing the data (transforms, validations, aggregations) and reporting/accessing the data.
- Follow SDLC best practices such continuous integration, automated unit test and regression testing, etc and focus on end to end quality of the delivery.
- Work collaboratively in a team with fellow developers, sharing ideas to solve complex and challenging business problems.
- Be able to communicate effectively and work closely together with business clients, other technology teams, support partners and stakeholders to deliver and support business aligned solutions.
- Role could entail people management responsibilities
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Command of architecture, design and business processes
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Experienced in modern programming languages such as Java, SQL, Scala (nice to have)Experience developing enterprise platforms using Big Data tools and technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, Zeppelin, Jupyter)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...