CIB - Asset Manager Platform - Trading Risk Management Developer - Assoc/VP
About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Who we are
The Asset Manager Platform organization within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB)'s Securities Services group is a newly formed business offering best-in-class digital solutions for our institutional client base across financial products and investment lifecycles. Our mission is to develop top-tier client-facing analytical services and enable our clients to achieve their business goals by extending J.P. Morgan's capabilities and expertise as the leader in financial services into the digital space.
As a developer in the Risk as a Service team the successful applicant will join a leading entrepreneurial and collegial team within the Asset Manager Platform business that is responsible for the development of innovative pricing, risk and trade management tools across all asset classes and financial instruments.
This is an exciting position for a talented and energetic engineer who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.
* Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries: finance and technology
* Be part of a new business initiative within JPM that will create a significant revenue stream for the firm and influence the commercialization and go-to-market strategy of the service
* Partner closely with our clients (asset managers, hedge funds, investment advisors, investment banks) to understand their needs in order to shape the product roadmap
* Interact with other high-performing teams within JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank
* Work closely with our User eXperience and product development colleagues to deliver high quality software and amazing user experiences
The candidate will partner with our Product Managers, UX, Sales, Trading, Quantitative Research, Strategy and Clients in delivering the product. Responsibilities include the following:
* Model, design, develop, code, test, debug, document functional and non-functional product capabilities and client service related features
* Ensure quality of the resultant product by enhancing scalability, supportability and test coverage
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Intellectual passion for digital transformation/innovation and application of technology in the financial services industry
* Dedication to team effort - "whatever it takes" multi-tasking and perseverance with cross-functional partners
* Passion for user-centric design and creating amazing user experiences
* Quick learner with strong attention to detail
* Experience with modern software engineering practices: code review, test-driven development, continuous integration, agile methodologies
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Proficiency in Python or another object oriented programming language with track record of delivering industrial quality systems
* In-depth knowledge in at least one of the following:
+ Complex financial systems
+ Distributed systems
+ Cloud computing
+ Web applications
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...