As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Newton is an in-house developed Workflow Management Tool that defines, creates and executes complex workflows best suited to a repeatable process-driven environment. It helps orchestrate process flows and hand-offs across operation staff and processing systems, through a powerful dynamic workflow engine. It is used primarily as part of fund services business, within Investor Services.
As a developer on Newton, candidate will be responsible primarily for application development on complex functionality, requiring detailed design. Candidate will be responsible for designing solutions to complex business problems, and handle them end-to-end, all the way up to production rollout, working closely with business partners and global stakeholders directly.
* Understand complex business requirements, partnering with global stakeholders and product teams, and offering solutions, all the way from design to implementation, and rollout.
* Code, test and implement high quality Java programs for a highly complex enterprise application system, running complex workflow engine and rich GUI, working as part of global Agile team.
* Co-ordinate across multiple stakeholders including tech, Ops, business, BA partners, QA
* Ensure that design and implementation works against high-volume data sources
* Establish/follow standards, guidelines, and best practices around reference data, master data, metadata and operational data management including modeling
* Support builds/deployment and release activities as required
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Full stack developer with Core Java / J2EE knowledge
* Spring, Hibernate or similar ORM framework
* Strong Database skills preferably with Oracle; past experience in tuning database queries, processing large amount of data will be great addition
* Experience of working with Git/Bitbucket or any enterprise version control system
* Experience of writing Unit tests using Junit or equivalent technologies
* Knowledge / past experience of working on Microservice based application
* Knowledge of JMS and related middleware products such as IBM MQ Series will be plus
* Knowledge of workflow management tool like jBPM will be a big plus
* Experience on message service bus (such as Mule) and ETL framework such as Pentaho will be nice to have
* UNIX scripting, Maven will be desired
* Good communication skills
* Past experience in having led the team will be plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...