As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work.
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents.
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes.
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives.
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns.
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions.
* Coach or manage teams as applicable.
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed.
* Expertise in Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and tools.
* Collaborate across Application Development, Product and production management to establish and maintain Service Level Objective (SLO), Service Level Indicator (SLI) and Error Budget for key Production services.
* Implement required telemetry and abiltiy to monitor and measure the quality of service in real-time against the established SLO.
* Manage, track and validate all changes to the Production, Disaster Recovery environment.
* Manage priority incidents and leverage cross-functional teams to quickly eliminate impacts.
* Escalate issues/Risks effectively when necessary across supporting framework.
* Ability to align IT service offerings with business strategies, goals, and objectives.
* Troubleshoot Key technical issues or escalate and work with appropriate technology teams to provide solutions.
* Aggressively respond to service requests from Client facing support teams, Operations partners, etc.
* Manage application and infrastructure to maximize stability and resiliency. Leverage and improve monitoring and alerting capabilities to ensure application SLAs are met.
* Strong focus on automation and processes. Design, implement, improve and utilize key monitoring tools
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
* Expert in performance monitoring and capacity management of large systems using various tools
* Deep level expertise in instrumentation, customization and usage of modern monitoring toolset such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Grafana, Prometheus, ThousandEyes, Splunk, Geneos etc.
* Expert in at least one technology stack (Java/J2EE/C#.NET) with designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Exposure to Python and willing to be learn and be Expert in Python Technology for Creating Application Health Dashboards, Machine Learning Projects
* Expert in at least one of the relational database (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 etc.)
* Working knowledge of Groovy, Batch scripting, Ansible, PowerShell or Shell Scripting
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components like routers, load balancers and networks
* Comfortable working in Agile mode and proficient in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Solid understanding of object oriented design methodologies
* Solid analytical and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail and time-management skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...