As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline.
* Working experience on Oracle Database with 2-3 years on Oracle 12c.
* Working experience in SQL query tuning and optimization
* Strong RDBMS and data architecture, analysis, design, procedure authoring and schema review skills.
* Experience on designing and maintaining complex large scale Database.
* In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
* Recent hands-on software development work experience in large-scale distributed technology projects and large scale migrations
* Experience on ETL tools
* Ability to work independently on Projects and issues.
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets.
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goal.
* Understanding of software skills such as analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement.
* Experience on NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra is a plus.
* GIT experience.
* Experience in the software development release lifecycle and source management methodologies (Agile)
* Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...