Podcasting was born on iPod, and this teams work has led the category ever since. Today, podcasts are a worldwide phenomenon, and these dedicated Program Managers and engineers continue to evolve the Apple Podcasts app and ecosystem across all our devices. And for podcast creators, networks, and advertisers, the team created Podcast Analytics, which gives insights into completion rates and subscription data for their listeners worldwide.
A strong machine learning focus helps the team improve search and recommendations, so listeners can easily discover podcasts theyll love from well over a half million offered. As podcast fans themselves, these engineers and program mangers love shaping a medium thats just begun to show its potential to entertain, inform, and inspire. That passion is just one reason why Apple Podcasts remains the worlds most popular podcast app, giving this small team a huge influence on the industry. Join them and make some impact of your own.
Program Managers are responsible for shipping new features and tools to support Podcasters. We're looking for people with a proven track record shipping complex, customer-facing products under demanding timelines. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with cross-functional teams, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more.
This role takes ultimate responsibility for applying the Project Management Lifecycle principles. You will guide the development, concept, business & technical requirements, feature set, coordination, documentation, and quality for Podcasts projects. The ideal candidate should comfortable working side by side with Business, Product Management & Design, yet be hardworking and technically capable to partner with Engineering teams.
- Drive and ship large, cross-functional projects related to Apple Podcasts and Podcaster tools
- Own overall cross-functional schedules, including development for our team collaborate other Apple groups (client teams, server, QA teams, business teams), and backend reporting systems.
- Oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation, as well as, reporting for your projects
- Identify multiple projects that can be re-scoped against each other to maximize resources and time
- Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the Apple Podcasts team
- Understand why a certain solution is not workable technically or unacceptable to users and negotiate new ways to accomplish the same goal
- Define and author functional specs or user guides as needed
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...