The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apples long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a massive scale, meeting Apples high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries.
These engineers build secure, end-to-end solutions. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services.
The Apple Media Products (iTunes) Search Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to help build next-generation search features for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem, supporting millions of users and billions of transactions. iTunes Store and related platforms are the largest online marketplace for Apps, Music, Movies, Books, Podcasts and more on iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS. We operate in hundreds of countries and dozens of languages. We strive to provide the best search experience for our customers.
In this role you will:
- Have a major impact on the way people search & discover Apple Media content on more than a billion active Apple devices worldwide.
- Work on improving and scaling next generation Search across Apple Media Products: iTunes, App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Podcasts, iBooks etc
- Build search server side features & infrastructure to better support recall, relevance, ranking, real-time indexing, and personalization
- Contribute to a very large scale system, full stack search strategy involving query/document processing, retrieval, multi-round scoring, and result set analysis
- Enhance the performance and reliability of the core search platform
- Design & Implement solutions for automated unit and integration tests that enable continuous integration and delivery
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering teams
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...