Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators wholove technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined,innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety ofhigh-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient andsecure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-willthrive.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look firstand foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problemsthrough innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to applyyour depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the softwaredevelopment lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your manystakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace aculture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning.You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-onethat encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in thebest interests of our customers globally.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established feature teamin Glasgow responsible for key products which underpin the firm's private cloudplatform. This team operates a DevOps culture and is responsible foreverything from working with our customers to understand their needs, throughto building and running and evolving our products.
We are embarking on the development of new products for the nextgeneration of our expanding cloud services, giving you the opportunity to beinvolved in designing a new system with modern engineering practices andtechnologies at its heart.
What is required?
You are strongly motivated to learn and want to do engineering right,able to tackle complex problems, build resilient, scalable components that meetclient needs and are robust in a mission-critical production environment. You have a delivery focused approach to work and are able to self-directas a productive and independent engineer.
* Strong proficiency in one or more programming languages on the JVM e.g. Java, Kotlin, Groovy.
* Proficiency with at least one database platform, ideally with experience handling very large data sets.
* Experience in publishing and consuming REST APIs, ideally with a good understanding of authorization and oauth2.
* Object-oriented design and development.
* UNIX/Linux command line & scripting.
* Excellent understanding of good coding practices, proper code structure, configuration management and code refactoring. Familiarity with TDD and automated testing.
* Strong collaborator and team player who openly shares knowledge for the benefit of the team. Comfortable with pair programming
* Proficiency with development tools (Jenkins, Jira, BitBucket, IntelliJ, GIT, code quality & security scanning tools).
* Ability to identify and facilitate issue resolutions (and escalate where applicable) as well as being able to communicate complex issues in a crisp and concise fashion to multiple levels of management.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, manage priorities and be able to quickly adapt to ever-evolving business needs.
* Domain Driven Design and Logical Domain Modelling
* Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications.
* Familiarity with Cloud Platforms including: CloudFoundry and Kubernetes
* Java Frameworks including Spring & Hibernate
* Understanding and experience of multi-threaded applications.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you'renot just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part ofone of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide,our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprisetechnology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovationsin electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to createinnovative solutions that will are transforming the financial servicesindustry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the uniqueskills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization thatthrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and careerdevelopment, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. Ifyou're looking to build your career as part of a global technology teamtackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies allaround the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunityemployer.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...