An understanding of system/solution design and architecture is essential. As a leader, you will be responsible to work with application partners and architects, and participating in the design and documentation of the infrastructure and systems, building out the end-state solution, and working with production support teams to ensure a smooth transition into production. You will be an advocate for the customer's technical needs while ensuring compliance and adherence to all applicable processes, procedures, and standards and recommend solutions and alternatives in situations where they view efficiencies are not being obtained. Work on include large-scale cross-function application environments, smaller simple application servers, systems re-engineering/re-design, and system/site moves. You will be responsible for driving results and implementing multiple, complex programs on Application Infrastructure Modernization, Data Center Migration and Technology Life Cycle Management that span the breadth of the business, and they'll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. You will support the delivery of many tools and services. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you'll also gain access to the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
* 5+ years' experience implementing Red Hat Linux servers, together with experience on AIX in a large enterprise environment.
* 5+ years' experience designing highly reliable/recoverable UNIX-based solutions that address specific business needs and requirements
* Experience with determining correct solution sizing/scaling based on business requirements
* Thorough understanding of storage related technologies from a server perspective; working with provisioned SAN, external/remote storage media, etc.
* System security - e.g. working through jumphosts, securing Unix systems for un-trusted networks, etc.
* Storage networking utilization - e.g. installing HBAs & drivers, configuring LUNs and volume managers
* LVM on AIX or RedHat Linux
* Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices, and JPMorgan Chase & Co. policies
* Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
* Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch, and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
* Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
* Experience with automation tools, such as Puppet and Ansible
* Ability to debug and optimize systems and automate routine tasks.
* Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment with constantly changing priorities.
* Provide technical direction and leadership to internal teams and clients.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines. Ability to facilitate teams toward identifying issues.
* Experience with high volume, mission critical applications and their interdependencies with other applications and databases
* Ability to leverage Splunk to identify and troubleshoot issues
* Understanding of Agile delivery principles and tools
* Experience with high volume, mission critical applications, and building upon messaging and or event-driven architectures. Understanding of container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
* Mastery of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Command of architecture, design, and business processes
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Experience with production support of highly available applications
* Knowledge within SAN, TCP/IP, DNS , VMWare, HMC, VIO client partitions, NIM, yum, is highly desirable
* Experience with system performance monitoring and operational capacity management
* Advance knowledge on AIX and Virtualization and UNIX/Linux platforms is a plus.
* SRE mindset Culture/Approaches: To run better production systems by creating engineering solutions to operational problems.
* Working knowledge or experience in any of coding languages or tools like Python, Perl, Unix Scripting, Ansible and other dev ops tools is added advantage.
* VCS Cluster experience
* Strong experience of NAS and SAN infrastructure and component
* Good working knowledge of monitoring systems such as Tivoli, Geneous, etc.
Good to Have
* Understanding of Agile and Scrum development concepts.
* Deep understanding of Red Hat Linux 5 & 6, Solaris 8, 9, 10, AIX, VMware ESX Server, BoKS, centrify, power broker or similar LDAP based authentication, Enterprise Password Vault, File System Architecture.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...