Do you want to help federal agencies learn the skills they need to implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun. We are constantly evolving our capabilities to deliver the best learning experience to enable our customers in their journey as they gain technical expertise.
As a Software Development Engineer, your role will be to bring your expertise in modern software development and your ability to dive deep into complex technical problems to the forefront as you help bring our learning tools to the next level of customer delight.
You will work within a team to create new, cloud-native technologies and capabilities to meet emerging needs as our business grows. You will operate existing systems at AWS scale to ensure they meet and exceed our high standards for security, operational excellence and scalability. You and your team will be in the unique position of developing systems using the same modern AWS technology we enable our customers to learn. You will work with some of the best and brightest as you grow your career in a group of junior through senior level developers.
· Design, develop, and operate high scale applications from the backend to UI layer, focusing on operational excellence, security and scalability.
· Apply modern software development practices (serverless computing, microservices architecture, CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code, etc.)
· Work across teams to integrate our systems with existing internal Amazon and AWS services
· Participate in technology roadmap and architecture discussions to turn business requirements and vision into reality.
· Participate in a tight-knit engineering team employing agile software development practices.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a current, active US Government Security Clearance of Secret or above
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...