As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a member of the Smart Data engineering team, you will dive head-first into creating innovative big data solutions at scale that advances the Chase retail banking business. You will join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to the analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of high quality software solutions and ground-breaking new products. You will interface with key stakeholders and keep them up to speed on the progress. Coming in with a good understanding of end-to-end software development methodologies such as Agile framework is key. And best of all, you will collaborate, share ideas and innovate with a global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
* Strong experience as a developer, preferably in the financial industry.
* Proficiency in Java 8 or Scala.
* Strong experience in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark & Hive.
* Experience building/maintaining APIs and Micro Services leveraging Spring framework, Spring Boot, Gaia/Cloud Foundry.
* Experience working with high volume Kafka messaging is a big plus
* Scala/Python experience is desirableStrong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Functional understanding of retail banking is a plus.
* Experience with Agile development methodologies.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...