The JPMC Chief Technology Office (CTO) provides solutions to guide technology across the firm globally, removing inefficiencies and streamlining how we deliver quality solutions. We're continuing to evolve from building next-gen platforms to guiding architectures that unlock their capabilities, automating how we take code from inception to production. We're focused on optimizing how apps are designed for the future, targeting solutions that are portable across multi-cloud platforms to stay resilient, scalable and maintainable. The CTO will drive Modern Engineering Practices across the firm and provide the pathway for technologist to improve their speed, quality and application development practices.
We are looking for a Software Engineer - DevOps for the JPMC Enterprise Toolchain team (JET) within the CTO organization. In this role, you will not only design and build a "best in class" Enterprise Toolchain for JPMC, you'll stay current with emerging technologies and public cloud developments, you'll partner closely with the business community to ensure the application landscape is designed to take the most advantage of JPMC's Enterprise Toolchain and ensure the offerings are accelerating JPMC's goals and objectives.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Ability to work closely in partnership with the business, technology and project management partners applying communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices
* Thorough understanding of software development methodology and champion the DevOps model
* Strong communication skills and ability to independently lead and manage projects
* Detail-oriented coupled with the ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
* Ability to drive progress with very-little guidance and short turnaround
* Helps on coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field
* Advanced-level implementation skills with Java and J2EE; Core Spring Framework and Spring boot
* Strong knowledge in Oracle, MS SQL and RDBMS database concepts
* Experience with distributed computing environments (including YARN, Spark and Hadoop) and cloud computing platforms (Amazon Web Services/AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
* Strong programming skills in BASH, Python, Perl, GO, etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...