As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This Data Engineer position will be primarily responsible for Data & Analytics development within JP Morgan's Legal Technology. This position will be an integral part of building and maintaining a net new data streaming platform to unify and govern reporting and data access across various products. Additional responsibilities may include design, construction, testing, optimization, and deployment of Data Engineering & Analytics technologies including but not limited to Relational Databases (Oracle), Kafka, Python as well as AI/ML & advanced analytics skills like Regression & Classification modeling in R or Python.
The Data Engineer will need to work effectively with a globally distributed team of developers & product owners/stakeholders to implement reporting & analytics solutions leveraging the JPMC Legal generated data. Overall, the ideal candidate for this position will be highly skilled in data warehouse, streaming data, data manipulation & advanced analytics tools and have knowledge of visualization and presentation of enterprise data.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
* 6+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role, with a focus on data & analytics technologies
* Experience delivering product with Agile / Scrum methodologies
* Ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements and architect shared datasets; ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences
* Applied experience with Kafka streaming, JMS and other messaging technologies
* Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes and other container technologies
* Knowledge and applied experience in Java with Spring Framework, Spring Boot and other Spring technologies
* Proficient in data analytics skills for more than one data engineering & analytics technologies including data warehouse (Oracle) and advanced analytics tools & methodologies (NLP, Classification models) Comprehensive analysis & design experience with demonstrated knowledge of Oracle based data warehouse / database structures.
* Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Previous working experience in SQL, PL/SQL a must.
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages- experience in Python, R etc.
* Experience with Tableau & similar visualization tools a plus.
* Strong data analysis skills and problem solving ability
* Working proficiency in a selection of software engineering disciplines and demonstrates understanding of overall software skills including business analysis, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement of software.
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet youJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...