As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Partner with Other support & dependency teams including upstream/down streams to have smooth quarter ends.
* Exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects and products attainable within a given timeline.
* Influence and manage the creation of new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
* Participate in the 12x7 support coverage as needed
* Being a technical leader and contributor to projects, including coding, code reviews, and architectural discussions
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
* Ability to translate business requirements into functional requirements documentation.
* 8+ years' experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation. Experience with Java, J2EE/EJB Application Server. Experience working in both UNIX and Windows environments.
* Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment. Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing). Supporting team members on production readiness and SRE best practices. Escalate to Support teams, Senior management as needed
* Strong working knowledge of Exadata RDBMS. Experience with Kafka and Messaging Products a plus. Experience working with Micro Services (Springboot, Cloud). Exposure to Open Source technologies (Maven, Gradle, Splunk, Impala/Hive, Hue) and experience Hadoop and Big data knowledge is huge plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...