Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect in Portland who is passionate about helping customers build infrastructures and applications at scale. Our solutions architects are experienced technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. As a solutions architect, you will work directly with some of our largest customers to enable innovation through continuous deployment across technology stacks and demonstrate best practices around advanced cloud solutions.
You will partner with Sales, Professional Services, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our services. Our solutions architects build architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across networking, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, and mid-tier technologies (application integration, security, in-memory caches). The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions and experience leading deep architecture discussions in a pre-sales role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· As a key member of the Account team, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
· Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
· Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
· In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...