Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) Gaia Analytics is JP Morgan Chase's high-performance grid computing infrastructure. It executes compute-intensive tasks in parallel across thousands of server shared between dozens of applications.
The Software Engineer role is responsible for development and maintenance of the JPMC's grid middleware software stack, focusing on workload scheduling and distribution, data management and caching, language bindings, shared services, deployment and diagnostic tools.
Additional duties involve participation in the architectural analysis and feasibility studies for newly on-boarding applications, consulting customers on grid computing techniques and best practices.
This is a highly technical role which requires very good distributed programming expertise with a strong emphasis on parallel programming and established vendor and open source distributed middleware. Ability to learn new technologies quickly in a self-driven manner is critical.
* University bachelor degree or above with major in Compute Science or related areas;
* Very strong knowledge and experience in two of C/C++, Java or Python
* Solid knowledge of Linux both operationally and as development environment;
* Knowledge of scripting languages (shell scripting, Python);
* Familiar with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle);
* Strong experience working experience in IT industry;
* Experience with production support of highly visible, mission-critical, and highly available financial applications;
* Self-motivated and responsible
* Strong analytical and problem solving abilities;
* Good understanding of numerical algorithms;
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
* Strong documentation ability
* Experience with IBM Platform Symphony/EGO/LSF/Conductor
* Experience with Apache Spark
* Experience with ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana)
* Experience with public cloud APIs (AWS, OpenStack..)
* Cross-platform development skills (Linux, Windows);
* Hands-on experience building large-scale software systems;
* Able to own and drive a project when necessary;
* Experience with a major financial institution;
* Knowledge of Jules, Jenkins, Scons
* Messaging Middleware;
* In-memory distributed cache;
* JVM fine-tuning;
* GPU programming;
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...