As an application developer the candidate will be required to provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs for a trading systems and Post Trade functions. The role will need to perform design and development and research the various technology standards, incorporate and ensure adherence to the JPMC standards. The role will need to do Proof of Concepts, develop and code complex technology problems, help the junior developers on the team and support testing of the various modules or components. Candidate will work on new components & existing components, developing new functionalities
* Ability to solve problems - The candidate is expected to be a solutions-oriented, out-of-the-box thinker who frequently comes up with new and innovative ways of doing things. People on agile teams work together to solve technical problems, handle issues, and interface with other teams
* Expectation is to work in a very collaborative environment, participate in all stages of applications development process. Expected to work interdependently - collaborate, negotiate, make trade-offs, handle conflicts
* Good communication skills - Expected to effectively interact with both, technical and non-technical personnel.
* The role expects to work in an agile teams, requires an exceptional ability to learn and apply that learning--both in growing "generalizing specialist" skills and in improving team processes
* Versatility - As a member of an agile development teams you are expected to be multidisciplinary, that is, possess all the skills needed to deliver the business solution
* Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
* Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 7-10 years of Application Development experience
Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
* Experience in Object Oriented Analysis & Design
* Experience with Agile methodologies
* Experience in Java technologies: Java 1.7/1.8, J2SE, Spring boot Framework, Spring Integration, Spring Batch, ORM/JTA, Web Services, REST API, Maven, Jenkins, Groovy
* Experience in database products like Oracle, Cassandra etc
* Experience with testing framework (i.e. JUNIT, Mocks Framework, Fitnesse, Cucumber)
* Experience in cloud Technologies like Spring Foundry, Kubernetes
* Experience in IDE - Eclipse, Intellij
* Unix experience and be able to write shell scripts or debug them
* Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
* Takes personal initiative, proactive and complete follow-through on the areas of responsibilities.
* Java and/or Spring certifications
* Continuous integration methodology and Automated testing tools is a big plus
* Experience designing Micro services architecture and NoSQL database is a plus
* Financial industry support experience is preferred. (Brokerage/banking is preferable)
* Experience writing Oracle stored procedures and tuning SQL statements, writing indexes
* Tuning Java applications and experience with running profilers and detecting and resolving various performance issues and memory leak issues
* Experience in back office functions like settlement and clearing
* Prior experience in back office settlement products
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...