As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
Control Systems Technology (CST) provides strategic application development and production support primarily across two client portfolios: Oversight & Control and Technology Controls. In addition, CST provides Shared Services and project support to other organizations (e.g., Legal, Corporate Operational Risk, Cyber,Risk & Finance Technology).
As a Software Engineer Lead, you will participate in all facets of the development cycle for the Operational Risk Data Lake. This includes design, analysis, development, coding, testing and documentation. You will partner closely with business partners and the broader Op Risk technology team. You will ensure your work products adhere to coding, architectural, and security standards as defined throughout Corporate Technology & Risk. A successful candidate must have relevant Java and web development experience.
* Provide leadership and direction for the Technical delivery of project objectives and changes to meet business requirements
* Oversight and leadership for data movement and transformative development activities on the Op Risk Hadoop Data lake
* Must be hands on developer and must have leadership experience of running team of developers
* Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs
* Display efficient work style with attention to detail, organization, and strong sense of urgency
* Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
* Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development / Behavior Driven Development approach
* Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality which meet needs.
* Utilize agile methodologies and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
* Manage code quality for total build effort.
* Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
* Research and evaluate solutions and make recommendations
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages- Core Java/ J2EE/SCALA design techniques
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Minimum 10 + years of application development/consulting experience.
* 2-3 years' experience with Cloud native application development, Cloud deployment, and Cloud application refactoring including containerization and/or kubernetes
* 3-4 years of hands on Hadoop development specifically in the following areas:
+ Kafka Real time messaging
+ Spark processing and performance tuning
* Micro Services Design and Development
* Multi-threaded Programming
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet youJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...