The role of Product Development is to partner with the broader team to set the strategic direction of the traditional fund services business, develop new products for the business and work with prospects and clients on new services. The ideal candidate is an energetic strategic thinker, with deep knowledge of Fund Services who can define, develop, deliver market leading products that enhance client satisfaction, support sustainable business growth and deliver positive shareholder value add.
They should also be resourceful and execution-driven. Strong cross-functional/business collaboration skills are required as they will work across multiple teams within the bank. Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and verbal communication skills are a must. Also important are the ability to: synthesize large amounts of information into crisp recommendations; present and defend recommendations to a variety of audiences; manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
As a Product Developer you will work with other Fund Services teams, clients, internal business partners, external vendors and industry forums to manage, support and grow our product offerings. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
Participate in complex change programs in Fund services - those with significant scale, complexity & budget
o Apply critical thinking to understand requirements; identify, evaluate and propose solutions where necessary developing and supporting sustainable effective processes with appropriate control mechanisms
o Drive requirements gathering, definition and the documentation of requirements to the required quality level
o Construct/Design/Implement and maintain the proper governance structure based upon each individual program challenging the current processes and organization to effect changes that improve profitability, controls and market positioning
o Drive program work streams across multiple functions areas, including technology and operations at all levels to successful completion. Contribute to the investment by ensuring partners are held accountable and keep development aligned to strategic plan
o Provide verbal and written status updates as required by to support senior management with timely and accurate maintenance and archiving of program artefacts
* Gain a comprehensive understanding of existing product capabilities and designing innovative solutions to new opportunities to build a scalable, efficient market leading service offering.
* Actively participate in client pitches as the TFS expert, solution for clients leveraging a deep background in fund accounting and / or administration for TFS clients.
The successful candidate will have experience of Fund Accounting with additional depth of understanding of the marketplace, either through working in a similar product development role, or in an operations or client facing role on the servicing side.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills:
* Able to understand a diverse and complex technology and operations infrastructure
* Ability to devise creative solutions in response to client requests and strategic product goals
* Ability to map proposed product solutions against a diverse and complex technology and operations platform
* Strong analytical skills, able to translate complex issues and other input into actions
* Program management experience (3+ years) with experience with both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
* Strong execution skills - the role requires strategic thinking to define and design our service platform - combined with accountability and strong execution skills to drive and implement development.
* Strong team player with an ability to pull together multiple partners in a productive virtual team environment
* Strong independent contributor who is comfortable working in a self-directed mode on multiple assignments
* Ability to self prepare quality materials and present confidently in multiple settings
TFS Experience - the successful candidate will have TFS servicing expertise from a background in operations, client service, product development, fund accounting or custody. Candidates should only apply if they meet these criteria.
* In-depth practical understanding of Fund Accounting and Alterative Investments in onshore and offshore locations
* Strong written and presentation skills, ability to represent JPMorgan at industry forums
* Willing to constructively challenge where required and work collaboratively with partners
* Strong Microsoft Office skills including Visio and Project
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and fund services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Securities Services combines Financing & Prime Brokerage, Custody & Fund Services, and Clearing, Collateral Management and Execution under a common umbrella. These businesses occupy top-tier competitive positions; the combination provides an expanded, integrated and best-in-class suite of end-to end capabilities. Securities Services employs more than 14,000 people around the world and generates more than $6 Billion in annual revenue.
J.P. Morgan Fund Services provides fund accounting and fund administration services to asset managers for pooled vehicles across multiple jurisdictions across the globe. Fund Services at J.P. Morgan is one of the largest providers in the industry and a leader in providing services to complex fund structures including liquid alternatives and servicing complex asset classes. Today, we have over $1.1 trillion in assets under administration and over 1,700 portfolios.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...