Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Data drives innovation and this senior role is behind the wheel of our Data Engineering group. This foundational role designs and builds the paths to fine-tune Audibles operations and outpace our competitors. Our Data Engineering group owns the datasets and platforms that not only enable our systems but also our people, to uncover new insights. Youll put your experience to work in a start-up culture all while accessing the tech-forward tools, training, and infrastructure of our parent company, Amazon.
When things get messy, you see the potential for order. Every new dataset is a new opportunity. You thrive off of collaboration and feel energized as part of a driven, innovative team -- but also take pleasure in focusing on problems you can own and solve independently. A fail-fast environment shaped your growth mindset and youre ready to mentor up-and-coming team members. Youre motivated by the opportunity to do meaningful work at a truly mission driven company.
· Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the Data Engineering ecosystem to build systems that meet business needs
· Build systems and datasets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems, and operational excellence best practices
· Analyze source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data models and document the design/specifications
· Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
· Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts
· Peer review work. Actively mentor other members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon, they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like EC2, SQS and S3 but it doesn't stop there. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn!
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on a platform that powers web applications used by millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...