J.P. Morgan Private Investments Inc. (JPMPI) is a Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) that acts as a sub-advisor to open-end and closed-end registered investment companies (RICs) for clients of J.P. Morgan Wealth Management and Investment Solutions (WMIS). Currently, JPMPI provides investment advice and/or administrative functions for private investment funds and provides discretionary investment management services in various wrap fee programs offered through J.P. Morgan affiliates. Assets associated with JPMPI total approximately $140 billion.
The Associate role is a position within the Fund Administration team. The Associate will assist in the oversight of the service providers, including the Administrator, the transfer agent and the independent auditor. The Associate will work in all aspects of the Fund Administration including the analysis of dividend projections/calculations, monthly and quarterly internal and external reporting as, the review of fund budgets and expense fluctuation analysis.
The associate will assist in the preparation of materials for quarterly reporting to the Mutual Fund Board of Trustees.
The role requires working cross functionally in areas including: Portfolio and Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, Product Development, Sales/Distribution, Client Service and the various vendors that provide services to the pooled vehicles.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
* Fund Operations - execute steps as part of a risk focused oversight model that addresses all aspects of Fund Operations including: daily/monthly net asset values, distributions, tax compliance, expenses, implementation of accounting policies, issue identification, management and resolution;
* New products/change to existing products - evaluating all aspects of proposals (e.g., prospectus language, trading/operational model, distributions, expense structure, etc.) to identify solutions to launch/modify the product. Overall responsibility for implementing the appropriate risk-focused oversight controls;
* Financial reporting and disclosure controls - assist in the creation of the Funds' financial statements and regulatory filings; coordination of audit deliverables. Execute disclosure control procedures in support of Audit Committee clearance meetings, principal financial/executive officer certifications;
* Fund Regulatory filings, requests and inquiries - review and provide input to all Fund-related regulatory filings (e.g., N-1A), participate in efforts to respond to regulatory requests and inquiries related to the Funds;
* Fund related initiatives - participate in various Fund related initiatives;
* Governance/Board Reporting - development of materials to summarize oversight results to Funds' governing bodies; and
* Management Reporting - Review vendor key performance indicators, follow internal escalation protocol related to the oversight of third party fund administrators.
* 5+ years of experience in the investment management industry, Big 4 Public Accounting firm and/or relevant industry experience is preferred.
* Subject matter expertise and broad based experience with registered investment companies. Knowledge of various fund structures, their operations, accounting and oversight.
* Working knowledge of mutual funds taxation; capital markets; and, complex financial instruments.
* Knowledge and experience across various asset classes (e.g., fixed income and equities) and complex instrument types (e.g., derivatives and structured products).
* Strong analytical skills with ability to evaluate issues, propose and implement solutions, with consideration for all downstream implications.
* Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional team.
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner in any format.
* Proactive attitude, commitment to continuous learning, willing to challenge the status quo to improve processes.
* Flexibility, strong organizational and time management skills.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...