* Contributes to product, or software in order to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoots priority incidents, facilitates blameless post-mortems and supports solutions for closure
* Engages with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
* Applies analytics on past data, like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions.
* Drives adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns.
* Lead and participate in performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands
* Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting
* Deploys sustainable software, system and product upgrades
* Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
* Manages the effort split between operational work and engineering work
* Be part of the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Mentors other junior team members
* Proficient in at least two or more software languages (e.g. Python, Ansible, Java, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing , and software delivery
* Proficient in the development of automated tools, content management systems, and services in multiple technology domains follow SRE methodology
* Proficient in designing, building, and deploying software based infrastructure components. (E.g. cloud products , container systems , web/application servers)
* Proficient in managing service-level changes to a system, and troubleshooting system level components.
* Designs and contributes to performance monitoring and capacity management tools.
* Able to work on multiple large projects that have business impact, and is self-initiated. Should be able to provide supporting data or communicate business value of the projects.
* Is seen as a mentor and key contributor to the team.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or any engineering field with 5 years of experience or Master degree with computer or any engineering field with 3 years of experience
* Certificate in cloud computing a plus
* 3+ years' experience with Apache and Tomcat
* Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry a plus
* Experience with Kubernetes a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...