As a DevOps engineer you will join the Data Engineering team (part of the Engineering and Architecture organisation in the Corporate and Investment Bank). You will be responsible for delivering solutions to our clients in CIB technology, QR and Data Analytics. We are engineering cutting edge solutions in meta-data & data to model, track and deliver Data in Place and Data in Motion solutions. Our work facilitates data modelling, lineage& transporting data at scale on Cloud technologies, capturing Models &APIs in our Model Repository and building automation and tooling to control and evolve them. As part of Engineering & Architecture we are at the forefront of defining & driving adoption of the latest technology and best practice throughout the CIB.
Your role is to work with our Application Development and DevOps teams to deliver & support our solutions in production. Your deep knowledge of DevOps best practice, resiliency, technology controls, architecture, continuous delivery, application programming & testing will help our team meet JP Morgan's standards, controls and our client's requirements. You will work as part of a global and diverse team, with clients across the globe.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages Java, Python, or Scripting languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* 5+ years hands-on experience of scripting & software development in a modern language
* Hands-on experience of Linux and Cloud technologies
* Experience of using and developing software build scripting: Maven, Gradle or SBT
* Knowledge of software automation and tooling
* Ability to collaborate with teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Understanding and hands-on experience of cloud & container technology
* Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes / micro-services / Kafka a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...