About JPMorgan's Global Custody Business
With over 80 years of expertise, JPMorgan is one of the largest and most prestigious Global Custody and Clearing organizations in the world. JPMorgan's Global Custody and Clearing solutions are acknowledged as market leading - solution innovation and service excellence are the cornerstones of success. Global Custody and Clearing clients include more than 2,000 of the largest and most prestigious corporations and financial services firms in the world, including Banks, Endowments and Foundations, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds, Insurance Companies, Investment Managers, Mutual Funds, and Pension Funds. The Global Custody and Clearing businesses are active in more than 100 markets and work with clients to meet the challenges of cross-border investing and to promote global standards for efficiency and risk management.
JPMorgan is one of the largest Global Custody and Clearing organisations in the world - with offices, operations and clients throughout the world. This role is responsible for leading the development of core product enhancements and targeted tactical solutions to meet the extensive needs of the clients and prospects for the Global Custody and Clearing business. Our aim is to position J.P. Morgan as 'best in class' with clients and prospects. The Product Development Team also maintains and expands subject matter expertise, providing thought leadership in the Global Custody product space. The Product Development Team is organized along functional lines broken down into 4 key product "towers" and is distributed globally:
Positions and Settlements
This position, within the Product Development team, will be located in New York and is aligned to Asset Servicing, with particular focus on the US market. The successful candidate will need to have a good understanding of corporate action and income events in the US and have experience either leading or being involved in the successful delivery of large change projects. The candidate will need to work closely with service providers to ensure a seamless delivery of services to JPMorgan's client's, be engaged in defining the Product Development strategy in order to deliver projects on time and implementing product solutions aligned to the strategic roadmap for the Custody business.
The responsibilities for this role include:
* Operating as an Asset Servicing subject matter expert with respect to industry and market developments and their impact on the Global Custody product platform
* Researching the anticipated needs of clients; this will be achieved by a combination of "own" research as well as coordination across a number of key partners
* Understanding the competitive landscape; understanding the features and functions of competitor offerings and, where possible, pricing information
* Researching into the commercial benefits of any proposals to build out capabilities in a market, be it new sales / revenue opportunities or revenue protection
* Understanding the risk profile of each initiative and ensuring that it is compliant with group guidelines
* Understanding the evolution of the markets in which we operate and incorporating change into the product roadmap(s)
* Collaborating with Product Management and Client Service teams to determine the priority of client requests and alignment to strategic roadmap.
* Taking responsibility for coordinating initiatives across all stakeholders (Product Management, Network Management, Client Services, Sales, Operations and Technology) to ensure that commercial benefits are realized at least in line with the business case (and to identify obstacles preventing the realization of business cases and formulate strategies to overcome said obstacles)
* Working closely with Operations, Technology and Client Services to define, refine and improve Global Custody operating models across instrument types, processing hubs and client segments ; and to assess client requests and recommend solutions
* Gaining a comprehensive understanding of existing product capabilities and designing innovative solutions to new opportunities
* Operating as a Proxy Voting subject matter expert with respect to industry and market developments and their impact on the Global Custody product platform
The successful candidate will have extensive asset servicing knowledge particularly in the US market, worked in a securities, investment management and / or global custody environment. Previous project management or management reporting experience would be an advantage. They will be able to:
* Drive and measure business results through strategy development, business planning, general knowledge and skills
* Drive results through people, communication, influence management and interactions
* Ensure market-drive direction by performing market research and competitive intelligence
* Guide product enhancements through requirement development, product testing and release management; deliver on-time and under-budget
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple streams of work concurrently
* Drive data analysis; ability to work with large volumes of data and conversion into a reportable format
And will have the following skills:
* Leadership: be personally accountable for achieving key milestones on a development roadmap
* Initiative: be able to move initiatives forward in a cross-functional and matrixed organizational model
* Facilitation: be able to lead design workshops and brainstorming sessions
* Self-Directed: be an independent contributor who is comfortable working in a self-directed mode on multiple assignments
* Analytical: strong analytical skills with complementary communications and presentation skills
The successful individual should be prepared to travel as required by the role.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...