As an Application Support & Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) within the VCG Tech team, you will help to continuously monitor and improve the production IRIS platform, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operational problems. Much of the support and software development focuses on optimizing the platform, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You will join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking appropriate risks. In this environment, you will take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow.
Some of the varied responsibilities within the role include:
* Support the day-to-day operation of the platform with a focus on reducing toil or technical debt of the applications while maintaining a high degree of system availability.
* Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work.
* Setup and monitor system telemetry, proactively identifying and tracking Service Level Indicators appropriate to the platform and business processes.
* Ensuring automated jobs run as scheduled and logs are completed in accordance with established procedures
* Investigate issues and liase with developers and business users as appropriate. This may extend to coordination of larger issue resolution across multiple technology groups and/or external vendors.
* Participate in incident reviews and provide meaningful contributions into long term resolution planning
* Take ownership for the implementation of system security policies and procedures
* Participate in Disaster Recovery events and Major Event Changes
* Maintain system documentation and provide production metrics reporting
* Research and recommend new technologies for compatibility, expandability, ease of use, and supportability
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale
* Contribute to the application design, deployment patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the following:
* A passion for engineering quality, smooth process running and continuously improving production systems.
* Track record of being able to understand and troubleshoot complex mission critical problems under pressure.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to coordinate incident investigation across multiple groups
* Willingness to lead by example and influence other SRE team members and developers to improve the platform
* An understanding of system performance metrics and creatively summarize these for business users
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent industrial experience in a software engineering discipline
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Experience or desire to learn Python, cloud , virtualization, APIs, and network components
* Knowledge of Agile development processes and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...