As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The CIB Banking Technology team are looking for a Lead Big Data developer with strong data warehouse experience within the data warehousing and big data (Hadoop-based data platforms) domain. The role will be a part of a team responsible for the delivery of a data warehouse migration to a next generation Investment Banking data hub. The project will also include the migration of reporting and analytical tools onto the new environment. As well as development, the role will drive dev ops principles in terms of CI/CD, SDLC optimisation, Performance testing and data quality enhancement. Best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in application development, hitting timelines and the ability to solve complex data problems across legacy and future state technology.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Extensive experience in a Big Data technology (Hadoop and Spark Architecture, Spark SQL, HIVE, SQOOP or AWS S3, Airflow, Redshift)
* Experience with Data warehouses/Data Hubs
* Experienced in writing and optimizing complex SQL queries
* Communicate complex issues in a crisp and concise fashion to multiple levels of management.
* Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues at various levels of the organization and across multiple locations
Experience in the below would be advantageous:
* Experience in cloud implementation
* Experience in implementing complex ETL transformations in Hadoop platform
* Experience with Python or Java
* Experience performing data analytics on Hadoop-based platforms
* Experience in implementing distributed and scalable algorithms (Hadoop, Spark)
* Experience in DevOps
* Lead developer and mentor to an existing team, designing solutions, driving best practices, defining standards and innovative solutions.
* Lead Dev Ops / TDD Journey across a global delivery team.
* Development using Agile methodologies (Jira / Scrum) delivered on time and in budget
* Transforming existing ETL logic into Hadoop Platform in accordance to architecture vision and agreed strategy
* Innovate new ways of managing, transforming and validating data
* Embed a culture of quality assurance best practices to the team
* Data Quality Management - Establish and enforce guidelines to ensure consistency, quality and completeness of data
* Learning cutting edge technologies and applications to Greenfield projects
* Support on legacy jobs which is primarily developed using unix shell scripts and oracle
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...