J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With more than $18 trillion of assets under custody and $390+ billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Post Trade Technology is one of the main pillars of the Corporate & Investment Bank's Technology group, managing billions of transactions for the wholesale business and are responsible for post trade Clearing, Settlement, Margin & Collateral Management, securities processing, finance and accounting. Post trade is also responsible to perform Analytics on data and providing meaningful MIS for front office, middle office, Back office, regulatory and various other divisions for the firm.
The Post Trade Functional Architecture team's role is critical in defining and aligning the platforms built within post-trade technology to the business functions it serves. Key objectives include:
* Consolidating platforms and standardizing components to simplify the stack and enable reuse
* Consolidating multiple stores of the same data, reducing reconciliations
* Aligning and centralizing functionality across business and asset classes where possible
* Enabling externalization capabilities for client self-service
The Functional Architect / Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for driving large scale and comprehensive functionally-based solutions, aligning key business functions across various lines of business to singular platform solutions. As part of this role, the senior Functional Architect / Business Analyst will partner with senior members across various business domains as well as technology teams to gather functional and business requirements, analyze complex and nuanced current and target state data flows, operating models and platforms, and synthesize the information captured into tangible technology-based solutions and proposals which are understandable to both business and technology teams.
The successful candidate will have a strong background of understanding the end to end lifecycle (e.g. order management and execution, risk management, trade capture, settlements, confirmations, position-keeping, accounting, regulatory requirements) across multiple financial products (Cash Equities / Fixed Income, Cleared / Non-cleared Derivatives, FX etc.). The successful candidate will also be a hands-on SME with a proven track record of working of large-scale technology-based solutions within the investment banking space.
The ability to bridge the gap between business and technology is paramount in this role, to drive the business forward in meeting their objectives through technology-based solutions.
* Partner with multiple Operations, Finance & Technology leads globally to solve and provide E2E functional architecture solutions
* Gather functional / business requirements, perform detailed analysis alongside Operations and Finance
* Synthesize functions / business requirements and working alongside Technology teams to translate those requirements into high-level data and Technology platform selection choices
* Build out a business function inventory with available associated platforms available, and identification of any gaps
* Provide regular updates to senior management in Operations, Finance and Technology
* Strong background of understanding the end to end lifecycle (e.g. order management and execution, risk management, trade capture, settlements, confirmations, position-keeping, accounting, regulatory requirements) across multiple financial products (Cash Equities / Fixed Income, Cleared / non-cleared Derivatives, FX etc.).
* Ability to clearly define and articulate business requirements.
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
* Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with Operations, Finance and Technology teams on a daily basis who are both business and technically sophisticated
* Ability to coherently construct and present business requirements and solution based on input from various sources
* Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
* Strong project management skills
* Experience and/or willing to be involved in the technical details (Sybase, Java, Python, XML, FIX) both in terms of analysis, modelling and problem solving. Proactive, self-motivated and flexible with a positive attitude
* Excellent team-working skills
* Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology and Project Management and or working knowledge in related field, or an equivalent work experience
* 7+ years' experience in Financial Services industry, preferably in investment banking and specifically in brokerage / operations and finance areas.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...