In the role of Site Reliability Engineer for Observability, you will work in a collaborative team of software professionals and be responsible for improving the health of the applications. The Site Reliability Engineer will be part of a horizontal function that is responsible to ensure that instrumentation, practices, processes and tools are in place to ensure stability and functionality of each application.
You will be working directly with other SRE and development team members in the development and implement end to end monitoring tools, such as developing synthetic transactions and/or any other instrumentation that can help pro-activating monitoring and self-healing the applications to improve SLOs and reduce the error rates.
As member of our Infrastructure Build SRE Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the telemetry and software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
* Design, code, test, and deliver software for synthetic transactions that can monitor end-to-end business process.
* Designing and developing APIs that can be used to monitor the application.
* Work with other SRE to identify monitoring data gaps and provide recommendations to improve instrumentations.
* Instrument applications for pro-active monitoring and self-healing in different monitoring tools (Apica, AppDynamcis, Splunk, etc)
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Custom dashboard configuration in Splunk, AppDynamics, and Grafana
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goal
* Expert in performance monitoring and capacity management of large systems using various tools
* Deep level expertise in instrumentation, customization and usage of modern monitoring toolset such as AppDynamics, Grafana, Prometheus, Apica, Splunk, etc
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Expert in at least one technology stack (Java/J2EE/C#.NET) with designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Exposure to Python and willing to be learn and be Expert in Python Technology for Creating Application Health Dashboards, Machine Learning Projects
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
* Expert in at least one of the relational database (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 etc.)
* Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Working knowledge of Batch scripting, Ansible, PowerShell or Shell Scripting
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components like routers, load balancers and networks
* Comfortable working in Agile mode and proficient in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Solid analytical and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail and time-management skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...