If you are a sharp, experienced software engineer with a creative edge, strong problem-solving skills, a solid software development foundation and desire and tenacity to be part of Audibles next generation technology, we want to talk with you. Joining our team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to deliver software that benefits many customers around the world.
The position requires an engineer with experience architecting, developing and supporting distributed & scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications and services with hands-on coding experience in modern object-oriented language. The ideal candidate should exhibit leadership qualities including excellent judgment and high standards. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drive innovation in the teams, invoke passion in others, think big, and deliver results.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team's mission is to develop systems and tools that enable marketers to provide customers multi-touch, personalized and timely messages that enhance the experience of using our services. Customer journey automation and real-time targeting are examples of systems that the team works on. These systems are built using cutting edge technologies and products from AWS like Kinesis, S3, EMR, Elastic Search, etc.
· Play a leading role in building and maintaining the infrastructure for Enterprise Data Platforms, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems and data streaming, and operational excellence best practices.
· Work closely with product owners and engineers across the company to instrument key data elements.
· Design, build, and support platforms for monitoring and surfacing data quality issues.
· Integrate different technologies to provide data lineage and visibility.
· Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
· Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines.
· Peer reviews of work. Actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...